Here is the best way to Install Windows 10 on a Raspberry Pi on Pi Model 3 and 4
Step1 : Prepare your Raspberry PI
Make sure you have at least 8GB Micro SD Card, I will recommend 16GB.
You must have Raspberry PI Kit at least Raspberry PI3
SD Card Reader to be attached to Your Windows PC.
Step 2 : Download Windows on Raspberry
To get the full desktop experience on your Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3 or Raspberry Pi4 or any latest version you will need to the software from WOR Image Translator which is available on WORProejct Website
You can directly download the software from the download page which is here
Step 3 : Download Windows 10 ARM Version
You will need to download Windows10 ARM Version from Microsoft Website. This is the only way to use the legal version of Microsoft Windows 10 on Raspberry PI.
To download you must first join the Microsoft Insider program by clicking here
Once you join the program or if you have already joined then you can download the Microsoft Windows 10 ARM Version here.
Step4 : Convert Windows Image VHDX to WIM
Follow below steps;
- Open Powershell Windows
- Run this command Mount-WindowsImage -ImagePath “F:\UEFI\Virtual Hard Disks\UEFI.vhdx” -Path “C:\montar” -Index 1 (Path of your existing VHDX file and new path where you want to store)
- Run this Command New-WindowsImage -CapturePath “G:\” -Name “windows” -ImagePath “c:\windows10.wim” -Description “abc” -Verify Dismount-WindowsImage -Path “C:\montar” -Discard
Step5 : Install Windows 10 on Raspberry PI
Once WOR is downloaded. Unzip the file and locate WoR.exe and follow the instructions.
Step 5 : Install Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi
- Connect Micro SD to your computer (Using SD Card Reader or USB Micro SD Card Reader)
- Select the Drive (You must chose Micro SD Card)
- Select Image This will be Windows Image that is downloaded in Step 1.
- Select Drivers
- UEFI Firmware